|MOU to promote Province as Eco-Tourism hub inked|
The provincial government of Capiz and the Filamer Christian University (FCU) recently signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to promote the province as an eco-tourism hub.
Provincial Board member Jonathan Besa said the agreement was signed on during the 5th Provincial Convention of Hotel and Restaurant Management and Tourism (HRMT) Teachers and Students at the FCU on Friday in line with the Provincial Tourism Week celebration.
Under the MOU, the FCU shall assist the provincial government in implementing the Provincial Tourism and Cultural Development Plan (PTCAP) by providing human resource and technical and logistic support.
On the other hand, the provincial government will help the FCUâ€™s College of HRMT in enhancing academic standards by involving teachers and students in implementing tourism programs.
The MOU also intends to enhance the capacity and capability of the provinceâ€™s human resources, prepare community-based tourism attractions or destinations based on standards set by the Department of Tourism, and implement programs and projects of the PTCAP.
Board Member Besa, chair of the Provincial Boardâ€™s Committee on Tourism, said the celebration is expected to unveil the tourism potentials of Capiz.
Meanwhile, a forum on tourism and biodiversity will be held at the Hall of Governors in the Provincial Capitol.
Prof. Felipe de Leon and Dr. Rodel Subade from the University of the Philippines will speak on Promoting Biodiversity through Cultural Diversity and the Importance of Biodiversity in Tourism Development, respectively.
A cultural performance called â€śPahigbukâ€ť in front of the Provincial Capitol will culminate the week-long event.
- Fireworks contest to end #CAPIZtahan2017
- #CAPIZtahan: Sadsad Capiz a must-see
- Most promising CAPIZtahan festival 2017
- Remembering Manuel A. "Manoling" Roxas of Capiz
- LOOK: Pres. Roxas state car now in local museum
- Capiz set for TRIAKSYON kick-off
- Bonuses for 599 Capiz day care workers
- Tripartite project aims better Capiz hospitals
- Capiz to host 1st Int'l Triathlon
- Panay River occupants told to relocate to safety
- Capiz stadium rehab mulled
- Guv OK with Nacion as top cop
- Del Rosario seeks drug test for execs
Budget & Finances
- Capiz Annual Budget 2017
- Capiz Annual Budget 2016
- Manpower Comp. - Q4 2016
- Manpower Comp. - Q3 2016
- Manpower Comp. - Q2 2016
- Manpower Comp. - Q1 2016
- Unliquidated C.A. (Q4 2016)
- Unliquidated C.A. (Q3 2016)
- Unliquidated C.A. (Q2 2016)
- Unliquidated C.A. (Q1 2016)
- Debt Service (2017)
- Debt Service (2016)
- Cash Flow - Q4 2016
- Cash Flow - Q3 2016
- Cash Flow - Q2 2016
- Cash Flow - Q1 2016
- Receipts & Exp. - 2016
- Trust Fund Util. - Q4 2016
- Trust Fund Util. - Q3 2016
- Trust Fund Util. - Q2 2016
- Trust Fund Util. - Q1 2016
- 20% IRA Util. - Q4 2016
- 20% IRA Util. - Q3 2016
- 20% IRA Util. - Q2 2016
- 20% IRA Util. - Q1 2016
- SEF Estimates - 2017
- SEF Utilization - Q4 2016
- SEF Utilization - Q3 2016
- SEF Utilization - Q2 2016
- SEF Utilization - Q1 2016
- LDRRMF Util. - Q4 2016
- LDRRMF Util. - Q3 2016
- LDRRMF Util. - Q2 2016
- LDRRMF Util. - Q1 2016
Weather in Capiz